Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A New Tradition and a few Scrappy Shares!

Good morning! It's Tuesday! And counting today, I have 4 days of work left until I get off for 2 solid weeks!!! Whoot! Whoot! I need it! Anyhoo, I wanted to share a NEW tradition I have started at my house. This year we are celebrating the 12 days of Christmas! Every morning from now to Christmas, my kiddos will wake up to a little prize on the kitchen table. Here is day 1...

And here's the list of the goodies and sentiments for the 12 days of Christmas if you would like to give it a try!

1. $1.00--Here's a $1 for snack to keep your belly full like Santas!
2. Toothbrush--To keep your smile shiny and bright!
3. Candy--To sweetin' you up for Christmas!
4. Lip gloss or Chapstick--To keep your lips moist when we are out and about!
5. Socks--To keep your tootsies warm on cold days!
6. Christmas Coloring Book--Christmas is always colorful!
7. Christmas Ornament--To remember Christmas 2011!
8. McDonald's Gift Certificate--For the family to have a dinner date...Christmas is about spending time together!
9. Hot Chocolate--For those cold December nights!
10. Picture Frame--To remember our Christmas memories!
11. Heart shape candy--To remember that we love you and you will always be in our heart!
12. Peppermint Candy Cane--Turn it upside down and now you should see a "J." This should remind you of the true meaning of Christmas and how much Jesus loves you!

Well, there you are! They are in no particular order...ENJOY!

Like always, there is a sketch contest going on at the My Mind's Eye blog at the moment. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sketch! Take a look...

December MME Sketch

Treats 4 Santa



Also, here is a look at Right at Home Scrapbooking's December Sketch...
Grandpa Always Keeps Us Happy


Hope your having a great day! See ya soon!

signature

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great new tradition, Frances! I love the MME page you made! So fun. How sweet to have grandpa paint nails! Makes me miss Greg's dad. Although, he would never do anything like that. :) But, it is something I could see my grandpa doing.

Kim said...

Love love love the "12 Days of Christmas" concept!!!! I might have to do that with my kiddos. Love your layouts and what a fab grandpa to be so very sweet to the girls. By the way, the pic of the kids in the previous post is precious!!!!!! Can't wait for our kiddos to get back together again.

L.B. said...

what a fun idea. I am putting this in my memory bank...and have to say your layouts are great but the best part is grandpa painting fingers!!

Melanie said...

Congrats on winning on MME! Your layout is fabulous!