Monday, May 4, 2009

My first DT Layout!!!

Even though it is actually my first DT layout, it is actually Challenge #2 at the Scrapper's Block. Challenge #2--GO METALLIC! It may be metal embellishments or layer with a metal finish or effect. Think tin foil, embossing, charms, coins, keys, cogs, brads, wire, gold leaf and staples! If it's metal we want to see it. Here is what I came up with for the challenge...

For my layout, "Handy {Wo}man", here is how I went "metallic"...First I created a a flower with some old Making Memories metal word tiles and ribbon slides. I have been holding on to the key chains from the Maya Road Chipboard sets, where I popped the clasp off and used them as the butterfly trails. I used silver stick pins for the antenna of my snail, and lastly, I used a bunch of silver bling!

Go check it out, it is a fun challenge....don't forget you can win a prize and a chance to be featured on the blog, gotta love that! Will be posting soon and have a great day,

signature

6 comments:

Jess said...

i absolutely love this layout..that flower is brilliant...great job and very inspiring!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Love it....allllll of it! You rocked that challenge in sooo many ways. The flower is genious!

Marie said...

I LOVE the metal petals for your flower. I'll definitely be lifting that idea. Great layout.
Marie with a :-)

Anonymous said...

wow! such great deatails!

Anonymous said...

Completely gorgeous, love the metal!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this!! The flowers are genius!!