Kicking off April with Right at Home!!
It is that time of the month again at Right at Home...intro to my goodies that I am working with, this month's sketch, and this month's challenge. All of which I am totally stoked about. So, lets get to it! First up, this month's sketch is F-U-N, fun! It has scallops, it has tons of patterned paper, and white space...ya can't beat that! Take a look...
April's Sketch
And here is my sweet layout using April's Sketch...
Free at Last


So. How about that Basic Grey? Goodness it is sooooo yummy! It is full of vibrant color, FUN patterns, lots of foliage, and precious critters...just in time for the warm weather! I designed this month's sketch with all of the FUN patterned papers in mind. This sketch allows you to use tons of paper...definitely makes me happy!
The challenge this month at Right at Home is to incorporate hand or machine stitching into a layout. I hand stitched the butterfly trails on my layout...not so surprising for me because I have done it once or twice, ok maybe a dozen times, but I love it!! It always surprises me how some sweet stitching can add sooooo much dimension to a layout.
Well, there ya have it...just a quick post. Just wanted to share a bit before my CRAZY weekend begins. A little softball, house work, yard work, cooking for next week...shew...have a great weekend!
14 comments:
Love this LO!! That photo is adorable and I love the Green at Heart line! I agree that hand stitching is wonderful on LO's!! I have to use up my DMC collection of floss now that I rarely X-stitch. I think I have every colour! Great sketch! :) Have a great weekend! You are one busy lady!
i really love that layout.. the colours are amazing.. and that tree... wow.wow...wow...
excellent layout.. oh and i'm a fan of stitching as well.. adds that something extra...
What a great sketch Frances and that layout is ca-ute!! That BG is calling me!
LOVE your sketch...saving that one for sure! And I love what you did with the BG chipboard. And those buttons....YUM!!! Hope you get a little downtime this weekend!
Frances, this is SO CUTE!! I love all of the layers and I LOVE all the dimension/texture you added to the tree with the floss and buttons. The stitched butterfly trail is a nice touch!! Hope you have some time for yourself this weekend!!! Few more weeks, and school will be out for you guys down there!! :)
This LO is simply to die for...way too cute, love all the layering and the great colours!
Oh my word that tree is a work of art!! FABULOUS!! I love the buttons and the dimentional good stuff!!
This is so beautiful! I love everything you did in your page! Fab picture and amazing work. Happy Sunday!!!!
that is a fantastic tree - great lo :D
What a great sketch! Love your LO!!!
love it, that tree is awesome and all your little goodies...PERFECT!!!!
Hi there! Sorry, its been a while since I visited your blog. Work is crazy, can you imagine, my boss asked me to work for 6-7days a week. Sigh
Anyway thanks for still dropping by and leaving a comment to my blog. You are such a sweet friend.
You always create such gorgeous and inspiring layouts and this one is another outstanding work. That layout is full of goodness! Love it to bits
Wow - this is one of my favorites of yours! The sketch is amazing and the layout even better!
This layout is awesome. I love all the dimension.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I love it when people visit and leave comments.
xx Leanne
Post a Comment