Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Sketch Week at the Paper Poppy!!

So just in case you missed it, here is a look at the July Paper Poppy kit...

Ticket to Ride
Great stuff, huh? I have to say that if you like it now, you are going to LOVE it in person. This kit is like no other Paper Poppy kit!"...in a good way of course! I like the mix of thematic elements and not so thematic elements. The possibilities are endless!! You can get your July kit HERE from the Paper Poppy store. And make sure to poke around, because Aphra has a few things on sale and bunches of other goodies to add to your order!

Ok, on with the sketch! Here is a look at the July sketch created by yours truly.

July Sketch
...and I created this sketch with the July products in mind! The tags on the left are just perfect for the Jillibean Soup tags included in the kit...the scallop at the bottom is perfect for the 10,000 tickets or Sassafras Lass edges...ya see, just perfect!! Here is a look at my layout using the sketch for inspiration!

Typical Boy
And for the sake of being different, or to give myself a self inflicted headache, I used the Sassafras Lass tags instead of the Jillibean Soup ones. For me the Jillibean Soup tags made the most sense, but I...well, you know. I also layered a couple strips of paper instead of the one, to add a bit more color because the Sassafras tags were not enough...LOL! Here are a few close-ups...


If you would like to join us in using the July sketch, please show off your work by linking up your layout by July 25th in the sidebar at the Paper Poppy blog HERE. You could win an August Add-on!!!! Sounds great, huh?

Have a great week and see ya soon!

signature

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! Such fun colors and loving the photos!! And loving the new photos of you and the kids on your sidebar! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)