Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whop-Bam-Boom!!

Well hey there...again! It is product week at the Paper Poppy, where we share our most favorite product in the present kit. And hands down, my favorite product in the July kit is the ginormous bottle caps by Maya Road. Here is a look at how I used the bottle caps...

No. 3
Basically, I just took a hammer and beat the ever lovin' bejesus out of it!! There is no art to it...no "make sure you hit the sides to make it lay right"...nothing!!! You just take a hammer and pound it till the sides flare out, hence "Whop-Bam-Boom!" Here are a few close-ups...


I just love the way the bottle caps add a little variation to my predictable cluster of flowers. I plummeted the bottle cap, which by now you are fully aware of, punched a few circle shapes out of patterned paper, added an Evalicious flower, and stuck the entire thing down with a glue dot...E-A-S-Y!!!
And one more thing...don't ya just love it when a title works out as well as this one? The title "No.3" is from one of the cards on Cosmo Cricket's patterned paper, and it just so happens that my Vivi is the 3rd in line...love that!!!

There are still a few July kits available in the Paper Poppy store HERE. It is really a good one. I mean who would have guessed that a kit would allow you to scrapbook your family memories and let out some pinned up aggression? Also wanted to remind you that we are hosting 2 challenges this month. You can check them out in the sidebar of the blog HERE. And it is getting close!! The August kit is set to debut in a couple of weeks and it is amazing...no, it's delovely!! I'm just sayin'. ;)

Have a great day!!

signature

5 comments:

LisiB said...

Great idea to flatten them. I was always wondering what to do with it.
Zour LO is adorable!!!Love how you placed the balloons.
http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable! Love it all.

iza said...

sweet n fun page.love this colorful lo.love the flowers...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee those bottle caps!! THEY ROCK...and I loveeeeeeeee what you did with them!!!!! And LOVING those balloons! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Love what you did with bottle cap! Just a super cute LO!