First, I would like to share what is going on at 52 sketches. A new sketch was posted and it is once again fabulous. You have until this Sunday to post your layout to have a chance to win a great prize from My Creative Scrapbook. So take a look at Sketch #26 and my interpretation of it.
Sketch #26
Here is my layout "Beep Beep". This layout was tons of fun. I rummaged through my chipboard for as many arrows as I could find...it wasn't really that hard considering I have 4 drawers of chipboard. I changed the sketch a bit because I wanted to use 4 pictures instead of 3. This kinda crowded things, but it just goes to show ya that you can do just about anything to Julie Bonner's sketches and they will be fabulous. I made the car out of a Starbuck's coozy and did a little hand stitching here and there. I just love it!
Also, today, a new challenge was posted at Scrapper's Block? Lou has once again given me a challenge that I really had to think about. Challenge #6 is called "What's in your handbag?" You can interpret this however you like. It may be a funky mobile phone inspired page, a page from you diary, or just something incorporating your lippy! This challenge is sponsored by the wonderful Whoops-a-Daisy. Check out the link to see their wonderful online shop!For my layout, I decided not to scrapbook what is presently in my handbag, but an event where I carried something home in my handbag. My daughter lost her 1st tooth at dance class and it was a huge deal to her. She must of questioned me a dozen times on the way home..."Mommy is my tooth safe?" Take a look at my layout "Precious Cargo." I did a ton of "stuff" on this layout. Such as distressing, layering, and inking. The file folder is part of a chipboard mini album that I never used...I have never made a mini album. I covered it with some lovely Jenny Bowlin and inked the sides. I also followed Aphra's direction of how to make a branch from a paper bag, you can find it HERE. Instead of making a branch I made a flourish and I think it turned out nicely!
7 comments:
Such cute layouts, but I am totally in love with the little car you made out of the starbucks cozy. Way to recycle!!
Happy Monday!
First off, WELCOME HOME! I mean I'm into sharing you with your sister, but enough is enough...he, he! LOVE these layouts. That little car is super ca-ute and funky! I might have to try that. And the second layout is so lovely...just like sweet 'ole Gracie! I love what you did with the mini album page and the paper bag flourish! Good stuff.
yeah! so glad you're back safe and sound, your layouts are AMAZING!! That car is TO cute!!
welcome home! love your precious cargo layout! adorable!!! Have to check out Aphra's info on the paper branches...
Love both of these layouts Frances. Gorgeous work.....xxx
Love the Beep Beep and all those arrows!! Your layout with all the Pink Paislee is SO pretty!
as usual, GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment