Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is that Toilet Paper on your Layout?

Why as a matter of fact it is! It's Tuesday and that means that there is a new challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! This weeks challenge is to give paper casting a whirl and the "paper" is toilet paper. If you have no clue what I am blogging about, you can check out this tutorial. It's seriously, pretty darn cool and it really makes for an interesting embellishment! Here is my layout.

"Delighted"
I am totally in love with this pic of my 2nd daughter. I knew that I wanted to do a very sweet, girlie layout. I just purchased a new Hero Arts butterfly stamp and I thought it would be just perfect for this challenge. I really do love every supply I used...Basic Grey paper, a butterfly Hambly, bling, ribbon, sweet American Crafts Thickers, those scalloped circles are from a new punch I bought at Hobby Lobby, and the casted butterflies. The butterflies, against the paper, were too white. So, I chalked them a bit with a light pink chalk. You have to be careful when doing this though, the toilet paper is very thin and tends to want to tear apart.

Even though in the beginning I thought the ladies at Scrapping Out LOUD! were losing it a little by wanting us to put toilet paper on our layouts, I really love my result. I guess this is the true purpose of Challenge Blogs...to push you out of your comfort zone. Aphra and I had a scrapbooking marathon Saturday night at her house, and there were a many of jokes about the toilet paper flying around. At one point Aphra chalked one of here 2,000 casts brown and I almost lost it....we were a tad delirious.

Mossy on over to Scrapping Out LOUD! and give the paper casting a try. You might be surprised how much fun it is and how much you will like it!

signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the thought of brown TP on my LO is a little gross, but now I realize mine is brown(from coffee) and it makes me a little nauseous. Trust me, this challenge had me going "WTF" too. LOL

Helle Sahl said...

Loverly layout, i like your style and your humor.

Aphra Bolyer said...

Is that a kangaroo in the last post's photo? Oh wait, it's on a sofa...probably a dog, hun? Anyway, LOVE your layout. The paper cast butterflies are spectacular!!! And you crack me up....but you knew that already.

yyam said...

Frances, this is such a sweet layout...your papercasted butterflies add the perfect dimension to the pink butterflies! Really pretty!

Diana Waite said...

toilet paper, eh?! I'm in! :) I know my hubby will think I'm crazy! (like it was a secret anyway.....)

Jocelyn said...

I always get a giggle when I think of TP on a LO....but you did it justice!!!! Great Work!!

milkcan said...

Your butterflies are sooooo gorgeous!

Denise said...

Oh Your layout is gorgeous!!!! Love the butterflies, awesome job!!

Unknown said...

Oh crap! I love it.