Monday, July 13, 2009

My Rockin' Girlz!

My 3rd So Sketchy! layout was a blast! It was yet another fabulous sketch by Allison Cope, with some of my most favorite elements...a circle, a scallop, an on parade title, and a row of pics...perfect! You can check the sketch out HERE. As you know, we live in the country, and having an off-road vehicle is a must...that was until my husband brought one home for my children. I was soooo nervous about their new toy, but my husband kept trying to reassuring me that he was going to make it safe. First, he bought 2 precious hot pink helmets and then he made it where the 4-wheeler would go very slow (the technical word is "govern"...I am learning everyday). Needless to say, it was the perfect balance...the kids loved it and my fears were laid to rest...sort of. Well enough of the chit-chat...check out my layout!

"Girlz...Can do it 2"
Supplies: October Afternoon Cherry Hill, Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday, Jenny Bowlin, Jill Davis, Technique Tuesday Chipboard, Scenic Route Chipboard, Buttons from personal stash, Bazzil Cardstock Die Cut Strips, DMC floss, Jenny Bowlin Buttons, American Crafts Thickers Sprinkles, My Little Shoebox Tiny Alphas, Kaiser Craft Bling, and DYMO

I am very pleased with my layout. I intended for the layout to be girly-girl meets rocker chick and I think I did it. I mixed elements...a big huge flower, colors, smaller cabbage flowers, skull and cross bones...to achieve this look. The cabbage flowers are my favorite. I first painted a strip of sheet rock tape black, cut it, squished it in the middle to make it look like a bow, and glued it between my two patterned paper circles. I glued a fabulous Jenny Bowlin Button in the center and there ya go!

You must check out So Sketchy! and play along. There are many inspiring layouts and sketches coming up this week. Happy Monday and see ya tomorrow!


signature

6 comments:

Tracey said...

What an awesome layout Frances. Love it...

Sarah said...

That is such an amazing LO! I love the skull with the girly paper. So so so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love your LOs! Inspiring some new ideas for some scrapping in my world! Thanks heaps!

Aphra Bolyer said...

LOVE this! Fun mix of styles here. Great idea for that big ole chipboard flower.

iza said...

blue pink n green, great combo.really lurve the design.gorgeous!!!frances.

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this layout!!!