Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lots to say...again!

WOW...what a busy week! I worked super hard to have all of my layouts completed before I went to NYC, and it has been sooo much fun to get to share them with you over the past couple of days. Anyhoo...did ya check out that precious Scrapping Out LOUD! blinkie in my side bar? Yep, Scrapping Out LOUD! had a face lift and it is as precious as that blinkie. Go check it out HERE. Make sure to check back next week...it is Challenge #1 for the new SOL Design Team and the challenge is tons of F-U-N. On to the layouts...

Yesterday, a la Carte served up a new challenge, Forth of July Picnic. Aphra and I had a blast completing our layouts and we both completed all 6 challenges! The participants have been bragging about how they are able to use the entire challenge in their layout. Well...needless to say, we like a good challenge, and we did it ourselves.

The menu for Challenge #3 is...
1. Use doodling.
2. Use the colors red, white, and blue.
3. Use a critter.
4. Use the word "celebrate."
5. Use four words in the title.
6. Create a double-page layout.

"A lot 2 Celebrate"
(I know...I kinda went a little overboard with the Jenny Bowlin. I just love her!)
It is also challenge time over at Butterfly Crafts. Challenge #15 was also revealed yesterday, and it too, is a good one. The challenge is to design a TRAVEL inspired layout. It can be anything from your favorite vacation spot, a fun road trip, or a special day out with the family. Here is my take on the challenge...

"Penn Station Please"
Yep, that's Aphra...surprise, surprise. As you know, I travel to NYC every summer to visit my sister, and last year I invited Aphra to join in on the fun. I'm sure you can only imagine, we had a blast! This photo was taken on the LIR. The LIR takes you directly into Penn Station, the heart of the Big Apple. We will be vacationing there, together, again next year.
Today is day 6 at the Scrapper's Block Crop-a-thon and there has really been some fun stuff happening over there. I just posted a challenge at the new, cool forum this morning...Scrap lift a Design Team member...and that is precisely what I did! Taj's layout this week was fabulous, so I decided to "lift" a few things. Take a look at Taj's layout...
Cute stuff huh? If you like that you can check out more of her work at her blog, Art is the Imitation of Life. Here is my layout, "You're the One," where I lifted a few things...the strips of paper, big embellishment on the upper left hand side, and the strip of a paper under the photo.
Go play along! Some fabulous prizes are at stake and there are only a few days left to play.

Sorry...in real life I like to talk a lot and I guess it is only natural for me to do the same on my blog. Gotta go and see ya soon,

signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic LO's, Frances. I especially like the Penn Station one, very cool!

Glad you like our cute new blinkie, spur of the moment thing I whipped up last night :)

Jamie Harder said...

I just love all your reveals!!!!

AmesOx said...

OMGoodness Frances!! I just Love all the layering you have done, it's phenomenal! Love the a la Carte reveal...I can't believe you used all 6 and it looks so effortless!!

Susan said...

WOWWEE! Another great reveal!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Frances..you did such a great job with all of these!!! KUDOS to you....I LOVE THEM!!!! Have a great weekend!!! :)

Tara Orr said...

Love 'em Frances - every stinkin' one!

um... i think I'm in trouble with a la carte... all my trash talk is gonna get me in a time out (i only used 5!!!) tsk, tsk on me!!!!

Lydia said...

Great job on the challenge, love the super large bling!! Awesome

Anonymous said...

love the layouts!!!!

Helen said...

Beautiful l/o's! Lovin all the layering and details!

Sarah said...

Love the LO's ! Glad you had fun in NY!

Lindsay said...

Love all of your LOs Frances! The one for a la carte is my fave! Great use of JB's stuff and I love that fleur de lis and all of the BLING Have a great weekend!

iza said...

OMG Frances.cannot stop drooloing over ur new lo.gorgeous!!!cannot my fav.not one, all of it.n i really lurve the star...

The Dolphin Inn said...

wow, love your blog - just found you through inspirational, I will be back lots TFS XXX

Wendy said...

Frances,
I would love to know how u get three columns on your blog....I have been trying to figure this out and I can't find any templates on the blog to set it up this way. Just wondering if you could help me out a bit. Absolutely love your layouts. I love the star on this last layout.
Wendy

Melissa Fournet said...

F,
just love them all!! where do you and Aphra find the time and they all look FABULOUS!!!