Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So Distressed Out!

It's Tuesday!! Whoot! Whoot! That means there is another challenge up at Scrapping Out LOUD! It's a good one too...it kicked my butt. This weeks challenge is called "So Distressed OUT!"...lets give a golf clap to whomever came up with that title...LOVE IT! This is what the SOL chicks had to say about this week's challenge..."Distressing is so hot right now in the scrapbooking world, and it's so much more fun than stressing! So how about using some distressing on this weeks LO! That's right, we'd like to see your LO with some distressing somewhere, could be a lot could be a little!" I just could not amend their post, it is so stinkin cute! I am so glad that they stated that it could be a lot or a little bit of distressing becuase I am not so good at bunches of distressing. So here is my layout with a little bit of distressing...if lots of distressing is your thing make sure to check out ALL of the other design team's layouts...they were fabulous!

"I Have Plenty to Discover"
Can ya see it? Right along the edges of the paper and photo...Can ya see it? I used my handy dandy Tim Holtz distressing tool and inked all of the paper. I know, some innovative techniques! I also used Sketch #23 at 52 sketches...52 weeks. I have been dying to use this sketch...it is absolutely fab! Now on to the Elmer's Crafters products. First of all, I used some of the glue from this glue set to create my chipboard button on the left hand side. It is super, especially the small pen like glue dispenser.
I also have never owned a X-ACTO knife and I used my new one for all of the cut work on the circles and the button. It surprised me how fast it was to use. It makes me very excited to use the X-ACTO knife on the detail work on some up-coming layout.
Wowee that's some fun stuff! See ya soon,

signature

9 comments:

Aphra said...

Love it all...the sketch, the stitching, the distressing, but most of all that super cute photo! Will you ever get past photos of Brock playing in the yard....he's just too darn cute!

Diana Waite said...

what a SUPER fun layout! I LOVE it! WTG!!

Susan said...

Great layout Frances!

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you, thank you very much. I am DIStressed out :D heheh, love your LO!

iza said...

i can see the distressing n it look fab!!!i lurve this lo n the sketch was great too.ive use it too...

Lydia said...

Great layout, love the stitching great details.

Jess said...

soo gorgeous Frances..love the stitching and the distressing! love that alpha also!

LG said...

Oh my that layout is perfect!!!!! Superb!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be able to scrap without my x-acto knife!!!