Monday, August 17, 2009

Staycation...Isn't that a Cute Word?

Is it just me or is "staycation" a new word? From the moment I came across it in a recent scrapbook magazine, I thought it described my summer vacations with my family perfectly. With all of our little one's, I'm sure most of you can imagine the fun (yeah right!) my husband and I can have with them in a hotel room or in a car for 8 hours. So, for a few years now we have chosen to "stay" home. One of our most favorite things to do is to camp out in our ginormous tent. We roast hot dogs, make smores, and a few of us sleep under the stars. My layout today was completed using a new, fun, multiple photo sketch by the talented Allison Cope at So Sketchy! You can check the sketch out HERE. The sketch calls for 3 photos and I had 6? So, I added them and just made one giant photo collage. In turn, I also had to stretch the sketch. I just love it and I am soooo happy I finally got to scrapbook these photos. Take a look...

"Family Staycation"
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Jillibean Soup, Cardstock: Bazzill, Chipboard: Maya Road, Making Memories, Ribbon: Stash, Grass Strip: K & Company, Journal Spot: Jillibean Soup, Jelly Embellie: Love, Elsie, Floss: DMC, and Alphas: American Crafts Thickers, Doodlebug

Well, there ya have it! We start school this week so we have a busy week ahead...we are so ready. Don't forget about my Elmer's Crafting Giveaway going on below. I will be choosing a winner Friday. So, don't forget to leave a comment. Hope all is well for everyone and see ya tomorrow,


P.S. I just realized that we were able to go on vacation this year...does that mean my babies are growing up? Sigh....

signature

9 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Staycations are the best!!! Your layout is fabulous...love those trees!!

Marie said...

gorgeous photos on a stunning layout..WTG! And I bet these "staycations" will be some of your children's fondest memories when they reach adulthood.

Aphra Bolyer said...

Love that color scheme and all the fun embellies! We're ready for a camping staycation....if only this weather would cool a little and the mosquitos would disappear!

laterg8r said...

the colors on this are gorgeous :) love it

Michelle said...

We haven't had much warm weather this summer. It has been a long spring.. and will go right into fall and then -30 temps - ugh! It is a fun LO!! May I say that your little Brock reminds me so much of my Ben!!! From the back, the two are identical. Ben has hair like Brocks. He is also a very rambunctious little boy.

Jess said...

ohh gorgeous pg...love those colors and papers...cute cute pics also!

Jocelyn said...

Just adore the LO....super cute and how I wish I would have had a STAYCATION this year...I would have caught the burst pipe before it did so much damage....I told my husband we should just stay home this week and go to the beach in September...but he insisted we get away and look what happened.....Thanks for listing the products....I just love seeing what you used!!!! Have a great one!!!

Anonymous said...

the first time I heard the term staycation was last summer, but it seems to be everywhere now! Love the layout! especially the trees! your staycations sound like a lot of fun!

Kathy said...

this is beautiful and yes it is a great word