Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Southern Hospitality!

It's Tuesday, and all I can think about is how wonderful last weekend was. On Friday, I left Natchitoches, picked up Aphra, and headed south to Lafayette, Louisiana. For the entire weekend, we scrapbooked at our favorite scrapbook store, Treasured Memories. Janet, the owner, brought in the fabulously cute Beatriz Guzman...she is truly adorable. She taught a class on how to make a shabby altered book and another class on some creative ways to use the Cricut. Since Aphra and I have a few upcoming deadlines, we chose to scrapbook instead of participating in the classes, but we soaked up as much as we could from Beatriz and the other talented ladies. They ALL have soooo many neat techniques in their back pockets. Here is one of the layouts I completed this weekend. It is for this week's challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! The challenge is to create a scene on your layout. And in true Treasured Memories fashion, I created a 2 page layout. Take a look...

"Princess in Training"




I am pleased with my scene layout...even though it took forever. I love the details. The castle is a mini-album that I took apart and stacked. The cobblestones are from a Starbuck's coozie...so much fun! The clouds were made from the ripped book pages for the altered book class and everything, except for the buttons and alphas, was purchased from Treasured Memories.

Thanks again Janet for hosting such a fun weekend...I really needed it!

signature

9 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Love it, love it, love it! The castle is majestic, the clouds are fluffalicious, and the cobblestone walkway just makes me smile. Let's not unpack our scrappy bags and go back real soon! It was soooooo much fun.

laterg8r said...

way to upcycle your starbucks! very cool page, it was well worth the time :D

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Hola Frances. I am so happy to finally meet you in person... and you are so sweet!
Your work and designs are amazing...I love it all.
Hope to see you soon!

Diana Waite said...

oh, my this is AMAZING!! It's just SO fun to look at!

gette143 said...

I love this one. I had so much fun with yall. thanks for teaching me to keep thing I would normaly get rid of. I still think you need a heat gun.

Michelle said...

I love your scene LO!! It looks awesome!! Glad you and Aphra got some much needed time to scrap and had a great weekend!! Good for you!!

Wendy said...

frances...okay i'm still laughing at aphra's word up up above...fluffalicious! that is just cute! okay...so glad we got to visit! you and aphra blow my mind with all of your creativity and i can't wait to see what you do with our kit! yes, ya'll need to come crop soon...wish ya'll could come in nov. when we crop! but that might be too much to ask from hubby's (so soon that is) i know how that goes!

Denise said...

Frances, your layout is just gorgeous and precious!!! Thanks for including all the close ups!

Jess said...

my favoritest layout ever!!! thanks so much for all the beautiful work you do for Scrapping out LOUD!