Monday, March 22, 2010

More from Right at Home

This month Lisa sent me the lovely Material Girl line by Cosmo Cricket...I can not tell ya how excited I was to get this line!!! I had been swooning over it during all of the CHA reveals, and my palms were just sweating to touch it, to smell it, to hold it...oops excuse me, I forgot where and what I was doing! Anyhoo, here are projects...

Quality Time
DSCN5781

First off, I wanted to use a mask on my background. So, I found a scalloped piece of paper, taped it down with Scotch Tape (I use it when I do not have re-positionable adhesive), and sprayed my mist across the page. Another tip...once you spray your cardstock, it will begin to curl. If you immediately use a heat gun to help it dry, it does not curl!!! It is the coolest thing...thanks Treasured Memories Girls!! And just to make you snicker...I don't have a heat gun. I just plug in my space heater, and hold the paper in front of the heat! Yes, it is a fire hazard, but my paper didn't curl. Whoot! Whoot!

DSCN5785

Since the focus of my layout is my girls and I crafting together, the challenge for the month, to make a handmade embellishment, was just perfect for this layout! I, yet again, made flowers. I made the ever so popular accordion flowers...so easy and adorable!!

DSCN5787

1, 2, 3 TA-DA!
DSCN5794

I love this layout! Those pics are just too cute of my girls...they are a mess!! I misted again with a fabulous yellowish-gold color...just perfect for Spring! And again the Material Girl line was just the complement I needed for the array of colors present in my pics.

DSCN5796

Did ya notice I went a little chipboard crazy? It is only because the chipboard is adorable!! I arranged the sweet dresses over a piece of twine to make it look like a clothes line.

DSCN5799

Ok...this is my new favorite thing...check out my journaling. Do ya see the lines? I just drew those with a pen, and tucked them nicely between some embellishments. I know, it is simple, but it made me quite happy.

DSCN5800


Just one more...

DSCN5789

...a card. And yep, that's more chipboard that you see...isn't it adorable? I used the scraps from my previous projects, along with my handy-dandy border punch, and just layered the papers. Added my title and embellies, and there ya have a card completed in about 30 minutes!

That's all for today! I have been a busy bee though...I have tons to share soon. Including the perfect gift for Mother's Day or Father's Day...see ya soon!

signature

14 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

"Sew" many fabulous creations with this material girl line... :-) LOVE all the misting!!!

Michelle said...

Where were ya about 6 hours ago!!! LOL I could of used that tip about the space heater!! I have curled paper from my glimmer mist! These really are "sew" cute!!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Really cute projects!!!

Kat said...

love your layouts and card...you really worked that cosmo cricket line :)

Amy said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the Lo's and hand made embellies...the card is great too!

Teri said...

These are so adorable, Frances! I just love your arrangement of elements...and I love those journalling lines! :)

Anonymous said...

you rocked it! Love all the LO's, the pics and the elements are ADORABLE!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh, the photo of you and your girls crafting together just touches my heart. I want to shrink mine back to that age. I love the use of the laundry basket and plastic chairs! Just too cute!! :) Love these two LO's and the ruffle layering on the card. The yellow misting is wonderful and what a fun line of paper!

Laurel said...

Love, love, love how you used the papers!

Jocelyn said...

I just love this one toooo!!! So much detail in each page!!! You are so super talented!!!

Have a great day!!!

Teri said...

Frances, I forgot to mention - thanks for your comment on my header, and THANK YOU for pretending to think I look like a teenager! LOL You made my day!! :)

Jodi said...

WOW!!! i love THIS LINE TOO!!! cAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH IT!!!

Vanessa said...

So glad I popped in to your blog..lovin' these pages!
That yellow color is SWEET! I am lovin' yellow lately..it looks so summery and happy :-)

Amanda Gibson said...

Love the accordion flowers!