The talented Anam Stubbington created another great sketch for this week's sketch reveal at Twisted Sketches. Sketch #39 incorporates a circle, white space, and one photo...easy, easy and a few of my favorite things to do on layouts these days. You can have a look HERE at Sketch #39 and the fabulous Twisted Sisters' takes on the sketch. But first, take a gander at my layout...
Three Down
As mentioned above, the sketch called for a single photo, but I have been needing to scrap more school photos. So, I shoved them together to give the illusion of one photo...I have only done that 10, 000 times! Lets take a moment and gush....aren't they just precious? I love school photos! I just love that you get what you get. If your kid's eyes were shut...too bad, if your kid's hair has a major nap cowlick in it...too bad, and if your kid just had P.E. and still has sweat dripping from their face...TOO BAD! To me, it is like digging into presents Christmas morning! Anyhoo, the girls did a great job...sooo cute! The wonderful June Bug by Basic Grey was just the perfect complement to my girl's stylish uniforms...LOL! Oh...I forgot to mention that the twist this week is....."fabric"-any how, any way! Here is my fabric contribution.....taaaadaaaa!
I have been dying to make those precious yo-yo flowers! I just took an old pair of my girl's blue jeans and followed this tutorial HERE. It was soooo easy! It truly took about 15 minutes to make all 3 of my flowers...gotta love that!
Hope you all are having a great week. I will be back Friday with the full reveal of my Paper Poppy layouts...you don't want to miss that! Aphra's kit was just amazingly fun to work with!
See ya soon!!P.S. Did anyone notice that I took the title of my post from the Budweiser Radio Commericials, "Real Men of Genius!"...Holy Cow that is funny! Or maybe just plain wrong since it is a post essentially about my children...oh well, later!
9 comments:
Francis, this LO is so beautiful!! Love your flower and the denim fabric is so perfect with the June Bug! I also love all the fancy cutting and stitching. Your girls are so cute!! I feel the same way about school pictures. They are the best because they are reality shots. I never understood the moms who got upset if their kid's hair was messy. That just made it better!! :)
Awww, yes, they're adorable...love the pics!
Love the LO, too...fantastic school theme, without it being REALLY school themed(Know what I mean, that's okay, noone usually does lol).
Love the colors, the flowers, the stitching, and the pictures! Another WONDERFUL work of art. Happy Thursday!
Great page, Francis!! I love the bright fun colors and LOVE your flowers!! I am with you on the school pics.. you get what you get!! :)
Hi Frances! Me again. The shoe tape dispenser is apparently also available at Wal-Mart and London Drugs. Do you guys have London Drugs? I don't think it is a Canadian company. Good luck with the search! :)
Now this is one fun and happy layout! with amazing details! Pure fun! Great work!!!
Wow, you amaze me, this is fantastic!
beautiful pg. love the pics!
what a fun layout! im going to have to go check out that flower tutorial...you did a wonderful job with those
Post a Comment