Friday, April 16, 2010

It's SPRING at My Little Bit of Whimsy!!

I am lovin' me some Louisiana weather!!! Well, this week anyway. If you know anything about the weather in the South, you know that we will have a pleasant day followed by temperatures that will make you sweat in the shade while you sit perfectly still! This weather also makes me want to scrap nothing but Spring pictures, and Stephanie Hart must have known I was in the mood. My MLBOW goodies this month consisted of some adorable cupcakes and Easter stick pins...perfection!! Take a look at my DT layouts...

All Dressed Up


I love this layout! And that picture cracks me up!! It is nearly impossible to get all 6 of us to keep our clothes neat, smile, and look at the camera...and this pic proves it! The paper...none other than the oh so beautiful Dear Lizzy by American Crafts. I love this line...every stinkin' bit of it!! And how about those ribbon flowers? The very talented Danielle Flanders was recently selling kits on her blog (I bought 2...they are fabulous), and she dropped a few of those babies in each kit. They are adorable, and the colors matched the Dear Lizzy line perfectly!! The crochet flowers are some old MME, the butterflies are some yummy Jenni Bowlin, and that sweet, sweet bunny pin is the crafty work of Stephanie Hart.

Whatcha Wearin' Cupcake?




Once again, my inspiration came from those adorable cupcake buttons from MLBOW. These are really a "must have" for spring and summer pics! I also drew inspiration from my dear friend Aphra's sketch at the Imaginise blog. I loved the scallops, circles, and strips of paper. Thanks girly!! I used the oh so girly Lucy Bird collection to add to the theme of my layout. I thought it was just perfect to make fun of the fact that my son gets into his sister's rain boots...my husband totally loves that!

Are you ready for the weekend? Hope so because it is here! For all you teachers, my kiddos informed me this morning that we have 24 days left of school. I had to fight back the tears...woooooohooooooo!! Have a nice weekend!

signature

17 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Frances, I love your work! Every detail is wonderful. Your family is sooo precious! Yes, my hubby helps me out a lot, I call him "the engineer of my scrapbook kingdom".Happy Friday!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Frances...these are just WONDERFUL!!! I adore them and all the wonderful details....Love the flowers...I am still using up my March kit....it is awesome!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Such great layouts! I love looking at all the little details you add into each page - such an inspiration!

Lydia said...

Oh man do I ever love those whimsy touches, great layouts Frances.

Jennifer Shaw said...

Love both of these LO's, Francis! That family photo is just the sweetest!!! I LOVE photos that are REALl LIFE. Your children are so beautiful :) Love those Dear Lizzy papers. I'm using some for my next LO!! Yay!! Love your take on Aphra's sketch! It's a good one!! Have a great weekend and hope it doesn't get too hot. I don't like heat. Must come from being Canadian. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ahh frances, these are wonderful. I just adore how you can make everything just go together perfectly

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! These are JUST GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee those flowers from Danielle's kit...and loving that paint on the 2nd one!!! JUST WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LisiB said...

24 days? When do you break off? We still have 45. What, only 45??? Panic!!!!!

Kim said...

OH my how lovely and sweet and yummy are both of those all your little touches are just perfect!!!!

Michelle said...

My daughter only wishes she had 24 days left!!! We are in school til the 10th of June! And we started in August!

LOVE the pages!!! I love all the little things you add! The bunny pin is so cute. Love the flowers and the topic on the 2nd one is so fun!! Ben does the same thing!!

Liz said...

Frances - these are wonderful and it looks like you have a few mini mes at home :

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Your layouts are stunning :) The details and symmetry are perfect. Wow! So thrilled to have you stop by my blog. Thank you for your sweet comment. Take care.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

These LO's are so fun! I love all the little details you have added!!!

Kathy said...

Hi Frances! I love your layout over at Creative Scrappers and your cupcake layout is truly adorable! Love your style!

Leanne J said...

wow not sure how i missed this one.. but love it...so very very funny..love the pics...and all the little details.. whimsy cupcake button..so cute.. love it..

Heather Bares said...

gorgeous layout!

Vanessa said...

okay..how perfect are those alpha to spell cupcake...so sweet!!

as always-gorgeous pages!!