Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just One Fave...Really?

The focus at the Paper Poppy blog this week is to choose ONE favorite thing from the June kit, and chat it up on the blog. But this has proven to be a bit difficult for me. There are sooooo many things that I love about this kit...the Lily Bee patterned paper, the GCD brads, the Lily Bee Rub-ons, I could really go on and on. But if I must choose 1 thing to chat about and deem as my favorite, it would have to be these babies...

The Lily Bee Die-cuts!
They really are awesome. I just love how they took the patterns from the Hello Sunshine Collection paper, and included them on the die-cuts! And they are sooo adorable, that you really don't need extra patterned paper on a layout. Take a look at how I combined 3 of the die-cuts on one single layout...

A Smile Like No Other
This layout was a breeze! 3 die-cuts...Three!!! I must warn you though, if you plan on using that many die-cuts, I found that your pics really need to be a good size. Which is why I created the picture box. I used 2 of the die-cuts to give the layout some color and to function as the patterned paper, and the other, I used it to mount my title! Here are a few close-ups...
How about those sweet yellow flowers? Those are from the rosette ribbon. I just cut the roses from the ribbon and adhered them with a glue dot. The buttons are from the Lily Bee Chipboard Stickers...so sweet.
And how about this baby? The GCD chipboard butterflies are from the May kit, which is still available HERE. They were just what I needed to add a bit of whimsy to my layout!
The cameo is in this kit, and are too sweet. The Jillibean Soup journaling spot is also from May's kit, and the perfect addition to the colors in the June kit!!

Well, that's all for me today! Hop on over to the Paper Poppy blog in the next couple of days where Liz will be showing off her fave!!

signature

6 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Beautiful dahlin'! LOVE it! Those b/w butterflies could not have turned out better. I especially LOVE the big red bling. And all that May kit goodness certainly makes me happy. :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those die cuts too!!! And I love love love that LO!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, the colors...and those BUTTERFLIES ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kim said...

love love love those chunky rhinestones on the butterflies they rock!!!

Amy said...

This is GAWGESS!! I LOVE how you used the die cuts and how you made the photo box...it really is fantabulous!!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Truly gorgeous !! i'm loving the mix of pattern papers and you did such a fab job with it :)!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous paper (still have to break into my kit) and love your layout!