Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh, how I am loving June...!@#$%^&*

Hellllllloooooo everybody!!! So, it's summer, and I should have plenty of time on my hands, right? Well, holy-moly my family is keeping me busy!!! We have had girl scouts, family visiting, Father's day, Chris' Birthday, work BBQ, and we are approaching the busy birthday season here in the Sylvia household. This maybe a little TMI, but there is something about the winter that gets my people in the mood. We have 8 birthdays between June and August...goodness people get a hobby!!!

Sorry about that, sometimes you just need to let it out! But, I do have a few things scrappy to share. Right at Home is BUSY, too!!! The design team is busy posting and working on all of their projects as I type! In June we have the sketch, the challenge, tons of layouts, altered projects, and this month we are focusing on cards, so cards too. Here is a look at the card sketch and card I just posted to the Right at Home blog...

Oh, Happy Day!
I am just loving how the sentiment allows me to use this card for soooo many events...birthday, graduation, baby shower, new home...anything!!

And I mentioned the challenge earlier, right? The challenge this month at Right at Home is to use an ad or a piece of artwork to inspire a layout...original huh? I am seeing this everywhere, but these are soooo much fun. I just love seeing what people find, and how it inspires them. It never ceases to amaze me how we all look at things differently. Anyhoo, here is a look at my inspiration piece and what I created.

WOWZERS! That chair just looks yummy! I could just see myself all nestled in it, having myself a few too many, uh......ummmm....coffees. Yeah, that's right coffees. *wink* And my layout...drum roll, please.........

Someday U Will Fly
Ok...that title gives me the hebe-gebes. It's like implying that someday my kids are going to leave me, what??? Even though I blog about how thin I am spread sometimes, I wouldn't change it for the world!! I love those stinkers! Here are a few close-ups...


Ummmmm-mmmm...gotta love some October Afternoon. And that "Fly a Kite"...shew, it is beautiful! I was inspired by the placement in my ad. I just love how symmetrical it was, and I tried to keep my layout the same. I think it looks similar...maybe?

Well, that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by, and I will be back soon with my very last June Paper Poppy layout...sniff, sniff.

signature

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Frances!!!

Your "tmi" tidbit made me giggle ;)

hehe

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hear ya....we ARE NEVER busy in the summer as AZ is four million degrees and u have to crazy to do anything outside!! LOL!! But this month we have been swamped!!!! Crazy swamped!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card and love love love love love love love love the lo!! Soooooooooooooooooooo cheery! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kat said...

i LOVE the card and i really, really LOVE the layout...the little sun is especially cute. :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

beautiful work!!! Love them both and the sun is so cute. Happy Summer!!!! Enjoy every minute of it with your precious cargo.

Kim said...

wooty toot, love the Summery feel , and those buttons just seem perfect