Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Love Petals Yes I do!!

Hello, it's me again!! I know it, huh? A post twice in one week is a huge accomplishment right now, but I am starting to get back in the swing of things around here. Well, have you checked out the Bo Bunny blog today? The talent is unbelievable...stunning! The focus today was on Bo Bunny's new and improved Petals. I know, it seems impossible for Bo Bunny to improve their flowers, but these little beauties are a must have embellie for every new collection. For my layout I used the sweet, sweet Olivia Collection. Here is a look...


The Best of Times

Supplies Used: Olivia Moonlight, Olivia Baby's Breath, Olivia Stripe, Olivia Ambrosia, Olivia Cut Outs, Olivia Combo Stickers, Olivia 12" Chipboard, Olivia iCandy Brads, Almond Double Dot, Antique Lace Petals, Chiffon Chunky Chips


When I look at the new Olivia Collection, I think it screams FALL!! So I decided to create a layout using some pics of my kiddos playing in a freshly raked pile of leaves...thanks Grandpa and Grandma for being so cool! Here are a few close-ups...

See that little lace flower? That's it...a new Petal. Sweet, huh? This particular Petal is doubled, but I separated the layers so that I would have a smaller one. The chipboard letters were once again embossed, except this time I lightly chalked them.
Here is a look at one of the complete Petals...so sweet! And of course I added a few cardstock stickers and chipboard to add some dimension...love those.

Really, you should take a gander at the other projects using the new and improved Petals...those girls are amazing! You can find the post HERE. Thanks for stopping by!!

signature

4 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors and great photos too.

Lisa said...

beautiful layout, love all the detail.

LisiB said...

You are so right! The new petals are just a dream. I really love the learning curve. It is just so versatile. Your LO is just adorable.

Kris Berc said...

Thank you so much, Frances, for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm a huge fan of yours and I'm very honored :)

I agree that the new Bo Bunny petals are just wonderful! I must have those!!!

Thanks for sharing your very inspiring work.