Monday, September 20, 2010

Still Lovin' Some September Paper Poppy!!

Hey there! Yep, like I said still lovin' the September Paper Poppy kit! And this past week I was able to do a beach layout, which was intended for this kit. Take a look...

The Little ThingsAs I mentioned before, I am enjoying where this kit is taking me creatively. For instance, the strip at the bottom of the pic...I simply crumbled the tickets to make them easier to scrunch! I then scrunched and stapled...scrunched and stapled. Only to find that I did not like the staples! I took a piece of scrap ribbon, tied a knot, and glued it down...problem solved!!

The paper in this kit reminds me of a quilt my grandmother used to have over her couch, and I am automatically inspired to put as much as I can on my layout...kinda like a patchwork. Ok, lets go ahead and address the Jenni Bowlin Bingo Cards...I chopped them into shreads...yes, yes I did! Let me just say that I love JB Bingo Cards, I do, but I have had 25 or so in my time. I am a bit bored with having them peek out of a cluster, covering a chipboard button or two, or using the word in a title...I have done it all before! And there the idea to chop them to pieces was born. After I cut them, I inked them to give them a more distressed look, and lined my layout with them like a frame! I tried to let the doodling go, but you can plainly see, I didn't! I guess somethings will never change...LOL!!

Last week was very inspiring at the Paper Poppy blog. Hello??? Suzanne Sergi is Guest Designing!!!! You can check it out HERE! Hope you had a great weekend, and see ya soon with my weekend projects! Tootles!!

signature

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love this Layout! Very creative!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love it! Great family shots, love the front and back views! I bet it is hard to get all of them in one shot :) I have two and have issues! lol.