Monday, August 3, 2009

Lot's of Fun Going On!

There are new challenges EVERYWHERE! Today, I have 2 fabulous challenges that just went live on the 1st of August. The first challenge is over at a la Carte. Challenge #5 is called On the Road and the menu is...

1. Use a plane, train, or automobile.
2. Use dashes.
3. Use a geometric shaped embellishment.
4. Use a photo strip. (You remember the booth, don't ya?)
5. Use a travel word in your title. (ie. go, destination, road, mile)
6. Use a border.
My take "This Time Around"
Align Center
This was a fun layout to complete. It has been awhile since I have scrapbooked my sister and I, so I planned to do it up right! First, I love the Lily Bee French Couture line. I have used it a few times now and I am in love with it more each time. Did some inking and distressing...well, as much as I can do. I made those tiny little brown ribbon flowers by pulling a thread and tying it at the end. Do you see the butterfly? I have had that butterfly for eternity and have never found a place for it. This time I stamped it with Staz On ink and I think it added the detail it needed.

Next, Butterfly Crafts' challenge is food inspired. Challenge #17 is to create a layout about a favorite food or drink. We want to know what you can't resist, whether it be home cooked or a favorite restaurant or snack - what is yummy to you....

My take "The French Fry Bandit"
I just love these pictures. I know everytime Aphra and I have scrapbooked I show her and tell the story again and again. Well, here it goes again...my toddler is in love with McDonalds french fries. He waits for some poor unexpecting person to leave the table and BAMM! he attacks, and eats as many french fries as he can before he gets caught. It is the funniest thing to watch. His eyes start shifting waiting to get caught...hilarious. Anyhoo, my layout is pretty straight forward. Just a little paper, doodling, stitching, DYMO, and clustering, and there ya have it!

These are just a few of the choices for challenges this month, but my favorites! Hope you have a great Monday,

signature

6 comments:

Jess said...

beautiful beautiful pgs.!

laterg8r said...

the french fry bandit cracks me up :) saw your page at scrapping out loud and had to come and check you out. love your style :)

Jocelyn said...

The LO of your sister is stunning...I love all the detail and dimension!!! Oh My...the French Fry Bandit is so cute!!!! So much talent going on here!!! Have a great day!!!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Love both of these. So very different in style and theme yet still so very inspiring! I'm so in love with that giant orange flower on the first layout and all the fab clustering going on around it. And that little bandit is sooo cute...I could just eat him up!

Diana Waite said...

Wonderful layouts!

Anonymous said...

I love these layouts!
Happy Monday!