Monday, February 22, 2010

Its Been Awhile...

...since I have done a 2 page layout, that is! And boy was it tough! My first assignment for the Treasured Memories Design Team was HARD!! The requirements...

1. Create a layout about myself...what? I am the chick behind the camera, and as long as there are people in the picture with me I have tons to say. I am not good at being the focus, which is a shocker because I am loud, talk too much, and LOVE to be funny. The truth is, I am just really inspired by my family and what they are doing in the pics when I scrapbook.

2. The layout must include a 8 X 10 picture of myself. This one REALLY got me! I love white space...I mean REALLY love it! I kept asking myself, "How are you going to maintain the white space that your layout MUST have?" It baffled me...baffled me...

3. Must be a 2-pager? Ok, do you see where I am headed. One would think if you have a 2 page layout with a 8 X 10 picture, there would be plenty of white space...right? Well, if you refer back to Requirement #1--Create a layout about myself--I just CANNOT put a single 8 X 10 picture of myself on a layout...I guess it goes against some moral code within me. So, then I said...why not make the layout about my family and I...perfect...problem solved! Well, there are 6 problems with that decision...there is 6 of us in my family!!!! There would be pictures every-flippin where!!!! So long white space!

Well, guess what? I totally
love my layout...yeah...I know. And much to my surprise, because of the dilemma dissected above, I FOLLOWED ALL OF THE RULES!!! Take a look...

6 of one



Pretty huh? Since it is essentially a layout about me, I decided to make the layout sophisticated. You know I am sooooooo sophisticated...LOL! I used the beautiful My Mind's Eye OooLaLa, and it just looked smashing with those black and white pics. I think that I really stayed true to my ever-changing style (hehe!)...white space, tight clusters, DYMO, book paper, cut work, and doodling...all of the things that make me, ME!

Now I am wondering...did Janet plan for this to happen? Because if she did, she took me on a creative roller coaster! Where I discovered that I don't really mind doing layouts about myself and I am super pumped to crank out some 2-pagers! Thanks Janet!

signature

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously Frances, this is one of my absolute favorite LO's of yours ever! Gorgeous, gorgeous, wow!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the details you put in your LOs. You're so amazing talented!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

It is beautiful!!!!!!!! I love the way you meet all their requirements and yet it is so you... yes classy and sophisticated! Great job!

Paula said...

I've been stalking your blog for a while...totally love your work, but simply had to comment on this! It is absolutely gorgeous & so brilliant to see a layout on yourself!
Cheers.

Aphra Bolyer said...

Pretty! That butter cardstock mixed with the b/w photos and the bookpaper is just beautiful! And that big ole 6 slap dab in the middle of the layout is soooo you. What a beautiful job on your first assignment! It's gonna be a good year.

Unknown said...

I love it!! all those bw photos with that color scheme awesome!

Teri said...

I love that embellishment combo!! :)

Jennifer Moore said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I loved looking at your layouts...great job! :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

I love this LO!! The MME line is beautiful especially with the B&W's! I love the large "6" and the scalloped circles that the flowers rest near are wonderful! I might have to scraplift that one. ;)

Wendy said...

Really love this LO Frances, its gorgeous! I'm a huge fan of b&w's and that colour sets them off beautifully! I first saw you on the MLBOW blog, just love your work! :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Oh WOW! Totally love everything about this! The B&W photos look stunning with those papers!

Kim Faucher said...

Wow, Frances... that layout rocks... totally makes me want to do a 2 page layout.. the colors in that mme is amazing girl!!

Lydia said...

What a great 2pager, love the cluster around the grungeboard 6 looks fabulous!

Jill Sarginson said...

awesome 2 pager!! I love it ... you did a fab job. Thanks for the blog visit - I've stalked your blog (and Aphra's, lol) for awhile now! :)

Jennifer Evans said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog! ;)

Angie Blom said...

wow.. it turned out amazing... love the cluster of your photo's and the accents of your embellishments are perfect. loving how you did your journaling too. Fab-u-lous!!

Kiwi The Kreator said...

I LOVE that you used the white space to hold part of your title! And I FEEL the sophistication in the white roses and swirls!!!!

Denise said...

Oh WOW>>>WOW>>>>WOW!!!! It's soooo gorgeous!!! All I can say is WOW!!! You've out done yourself!! My new fav too!!!

Vanessa said...

This is SWEET!!!
I love the way you used several photo's and the color combo is awesome!

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful! I love the design! I'm with you re: white space, but you really made this work!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Frances this is absolutely gorgeous u chose such great colors which are so classy and soothing ! Nice NICE !! :)

On my way... said...

Love it! All the detail, and the design is fabulous!

xx

prashant said...

I love all the details you put in your . You're so amazing talented!
1001 how 2

Wendy said...

love your 2pager! beautiful colors and glad you are enjoying creating the 2 page layouts. you need to teach me how to photograph 2pagers, mine never look good.