Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Treasured Memories April Project

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is has had a glorious April! April is one of my most favorite times of the year. The weather is warm, you can wear white, time to get those plants in the ground, and by April 30th I have 14 days...or 336 hours...or 20, 160 minutes left of school! Whoot! Whoot! I do love my job, but come May I am in need of a break. Also, I will have more than enough time to scrapbook!!! Ok, I will stop...just a tad anxious. ;D

Anyhoo, my real reason for posting today is to share my April project for Treasured Memories. I am really enjoying this design team. Janet changed things up this time and we are getting kits full of the latest and greatest products! I was soooo lucky to be given the Flutter Collection by Making Memories, a piece of Coordinations Cardstock, a sheet of wood, and a handful of embellishments to incorporate into my layout. Take a look...


Our Family Tree
Sweet huh? I just love the way this layout came together. I knew that I was going to have to incorporate the wood in my layout, and I just felt it needed to have some significance. That is precisely how I came up with the focus of my layout...a tree in my in-laws front yard. This tree is quite special to me. I stood in front of that tree on my wedding day with my hubby, we stand in front of that tree every Easter Sunday, and I have also taken numerous pics of my kiddos in this tree throughout the years. We have basically documented the growth of our family in front of that tree.

Here are a few close-ups...

I just love the Coordinations Cardstock I received in my kit. I was just perfect for the clouds on my layout.
Since it is Spring, I am totally in the flower mood...isn't everybody? And instead of using packaged flowers, I decided to make all of the flowers. I made paper strip flowers, cabbage flowers, 3-D heart flowers, and rolled flowers...I had a blast!!


I received a Melody Ross chipboard house in my kit, which I covered with patterned paper. I chose to not to cut out the door and windows so it would look like a bird house. I used a big turquoise vintage button from my stash for the hole in the house.


Do ya see that gorgeous pin? This is a Treasured Memories exclusive. Janet and her crew have been slaving making these babies. I actually got two of these pins in my kit, but only used one...guess you will be seeing it again sometime soon!

Well that is all for today. I will be back soon to share more this week...it is a busy one!!

signature

19 comments:

Michelle said...

OK... may I say, I am jealous of your weather!! We are not that warm here yet. My friend in Covington, LA rubs it in!! LOL No plants in the ground until after Mother's Day here. But do love cloudless sunny days!! Our last day of school... June 8th. Yes, Brit is counting down as well!!

Love the page!! So fun and cheerful!! I love all the flowers you made!!

Jennifer Shaw said...

This LO is so great!! Love all your hand made flowers. Your birdhouse is so sweet with the button for an entrance not to mention the sun and clouds! I really need to be able to doodle like you and Aphra! It always looks so great when you guys do it!! Love the significance and love for that wonderful tree! :)

Zoe said...

ohhh Totally loving this layout! so much whisical lovliness!

:D

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Your flowers look terrific! Very cute layout!

Susan said...

Love, love, love this layout Frances! I too am anxiously awaiting the end of May!!!!!! As far as the crop in Rayne, not sure if I will make it or not. We are still trying to a hammer out some vacation plans.

Jocelyn said...

I just adore this LO and those flowers are PERFECT!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Laurel said...

Oh another fabulous creation, you are so inspiring!

Teri said...

Frances, this is just gorgeous! I love the pretty, handmade flowers! :) By the way, what is a cabbage flower? I didn't realize that the different kinds had names! LOL

Kat said...

love, love, love this! such a gorgeous layout with so many beautiful elements :)

AmesOx said...

This LO is stunning. It makes me want to open my windows, bake a pie, and plant some flowers (if only the flowers in my garden could look like the ones on your LO). I LOVE love your attention to details....fabulous LO Frances!!

Taj White said...

Hey there miss talented. love the work with the MLS. Awesome layers!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

JUST GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love love those clouds and those flowers!!! this is SIMPLY AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Leanne J said...

hey Frances... i'm lovin this layout..sweet... love the layers and the talent in all your flowers..and the birdy..how cute... and a special thanks for all your lovin from yesterday.. was abit down as you may have picked up on so you've brightened my day..oh and on the weather we're in the middle of autumn at the moment so not so warm... but anyway.. love your work and thanks heaps for your loving

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Frances, beautiful pages and I love all your flowers. Love all the details and the pin was a perfect detail. Happy Wednesday!

Liz said...

Frances - your details are just beautiful! Love all the blooms.

eMeLiNe Seet said...

STUNNING, Frances ! The cluster is beautifully done !! :)

Fabíola said...

Amei seus trabalhos !!!!!!!!!!!
Vou vir sempre aqui!
beijos

Lydia said...

Oh yeah!! Those clouds do look fabulous, great idea, and all the details. This is quite the work of art!! Great Layout Fraces

mandysea said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is soooo absolutely and utterly stunning!!!
Very very creative and I love your sense of detail!!!