Thursday, May 6, 2010

May Reveal at Paper Poppy!!

HELLLOOO LADIES!! This kit...this kit...this kit! I just love it...I mean REALLY love it! It is just so easy to use. If you have some outside Spring pics, this is just the kit for you.

Here is a look at my May layouts!

NSD Challenge Layout: That Girl


I created this layout for the NSD Scraplift Challenge. I chose one of Liz Chidster's totally fab layouts from the March reveal...it was hard to top hers. I cut the circle from cardboard, using an EXACTO knife...it took awhile, but I totally love it. I dry brushed it with a little white paint, and TADA!! The little, tiny butterflies are punched from a Starbuck's coozie...love those! There is still time to participate in the scraplift challenge mentioned HERE. The prize...a $10 voucher to the Paper Poppy Store!! Possibly $10 to go towards a May kit...just sayin'.

Sketch Layout: U Make Us...SMILE


That Julie Bonner can work a sketch OUT!! First off that kid of mine is such a cutie! I worked a little magic with PICASA to create the black and white photo, with the highlighted yellow boots...love that! The BIG, GINORMOUS butterfly is from the Melody Ross chipboard in the kit. I just covered it with patterned paper and doodled a bit. The alphas...are last month's alphas from my stash. I altered them.


U R No. 1


This was a fun one. The background is the negative punch-out thingy from my Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alphas! I just punched all of the letters out and glued a piece of patterned paper behind it...just perfect for a school layout! All of the goodies featured are from this fabulous kit. I misted the flowers red. Don't ya just love Jillibean Soup?

The Trials of Being Four



I love double-page layouts. Five pics...FIVE PICS on this baby! Again, Jillibean Soup...yum! I just totally mixed it all up. Tons of patterns...going every which way. Once again I covered the GINORMOUS butterflies, doodled, and topped with smaller butterflies that I cut from patterned paper. Take a look at those pearls...swoon! I just love them. There is hardly a single one left.
Girls, you want this kit...REALLY WANT IT!! You can get your very own kit HERE. Check back to the blog tomorrow. Liz will be showing off her May projects. And let me just say...shhhhh, I peeked ;)...you are going to love them.

signature

9 comments:

Liz said...

You totally have to chuckle at my comment on the Paper Poppy blog. I am so in love with your alphabet idea and I can certainly see why all of these layouts are you favorites. I had so much fun with this kit. I could have kept going...if you KWIM. TFS.

Michelle said...

Frances, you crack me up!! You just seem like a ball of energy!! I love all of these!!! I can't wait to play with my kit!!

Side note.. to a teacher... Brit has been on the honor roll all year (1st & 2nd Qtr the "B" and 3rd Qtr the "A" honor roll!!! ) I am SO PROUD of her!!!

Amy said...

Frnaces I am GAWKING! These LO's are INCREDIBLE!! Every single detail on all of them is just perfect! You are such an inspiration to me! I love visiting you blog and seeing what you have made! Just gorgeous! Your photos are beautiful too!!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Wow, wow, wow! These are amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I just love love love love these!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooo gonna lift that jillibean alpha idea!!! *love it!* thanks for the inspo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kim said...

golly gosh There is just too much eye candy for me to take in , I love em all but that first one with the circle.......My fav, could be my new all time fav of yours

Leanne J said...

these are all so totally amazing Frances,,
i esp love the boots and the pics of your daughter.. oh wow..
and all of your butterflies are stunning.. amazing layouts you rock.. stunning...
lots of love Leanne

Nerrida said...

Love, love LOSE these layouts - gorgeous colours too.

Jill Yegerlehner said...

Love everything you've done with our products Frances! Thanks for making Jillibean shine! LOVE it!

Jill
Jillibean Soup