Hey ladies! Monday was the BIG reveal at
PAPER POPPY! Take a look at the fabulous
June kit, Little Miss Sunshine...Main Kit $32
Add-on $7
So, what do you think? Pretty fabulous huh? It really is. And as beautiful as the photo is of it, it does not really do the kit justice. It is vibrant and FUN!!
Since Paper Poppy is just a baby kit company still, we are trying a few different things to get it just perfect. So this month instead of revealing all of the DT layouts at the beginning of the month, we are going to share our layouts week by week focusing on something new every week...pretty cool huh? Just trying to keep things fresh and suspenseful...yeah we're good like that! This week we are introducing the
June sketch by our very own Aphra. Take a look at June's sketch...

It's a good one, don't ya think? One pic, tons of room for embellies, and white space...this is the kind of sketch that makes me happy these days. And now take a gander at my layout using June's sketch for inspiration...
So Chic

See just perfect! I love that the sketch was designed to use one pic, even though I used two. See, the sketch was so tight and had tons of white space, that it made it possible to add another pic and still have plenty of room for my embellies and title! Don't forget a sketch is simply for inspiration...in other words, DON'T back yourself into a corner thinking that your layout has to be exactly like the sketch!! Instead of using a tag, I used one of the beautiful
Prima bling frames that come in the kit. The paper placement, my title, and my embellies are pretty much in the same place as directed on the sketch.

I also USED THE
PRIMA STAMP!!! Whoot! Whoot! I am not a stamping kind of gal. I mean...I like stamps, but I sometimes have no idea how to use them. But when I saw the chandelier stamp, I knew just what to do! I used Staz-On ink and stamped them onto a transparency, cut them out, and adhered them with a clear glue dot! So totally easy, but they are adorable. I stitched up my layout to give the allusion that they were hanging...TaDaaa!

I don't know if you realized this, but if you buy the kit and the add-on you get 3...THREE...TRES sets of ALPHAS!! This is any girl's dream, right? Well, I used 2 of the 3 on this layout. The
yellow Prima alphas and the
GCD alphas, which I covered with the
GCD zebra patterned paper, are both in the add-on! The add-on is really a must have ladies!! And did you see my lazy short cut? See the "o" in "so"? Yep, instead of doing the fussy cutting of the center, I just stuck a
chic GCD brad from the kit there...EASY!!
That's all for me today! Check back later in the week at
The Paper Poppy Blog because Aphra and Liz will be showing off their sketch layouts. And if you are in need of one of these lovely kits, you can get your very own right
HERE. I will be back next week with a NEW and YUMMY layout featuring
Little Miss Sunshine...TOOTLES!!
4 comments:
Wow fantastic layout! Can't wait to get my kit!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that sketch and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo.....the colors are just WOW gorgeous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
those photos are just perfect for the pattern papers
Post a Comment