Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mini Madness at Right at Home!!

Happy Summer EVERYONE!!

I am soooo happy that summer is finally here! And truly I am probably only saying that because it has not made up to 95 degrees yet! Give it some time, and I will be praying for Fall! At Right at Home we have had a couple of weeks of mini-albums, and they have been wonderful! I am a part of such a fabulous DT. I am inspired by every project they produce.

Well today is my turn...and I guess you could say that my mini is certainly different from all of the others? Not necessarily different in techniques, but different in content. As you know I am from the South...WAY SOUTH! I mean you can't really get anymore south than Louisiana, right? And things are different in Louisiana. We love rich, spicy food, we have a very distinct accent, there is lots of green, and not much concrete. Which brings me to the topic of my mini-album. Our state's nickname is "Sportsman's Paradise" because we have an abundance of water and forests that house plenty of animals. Yep, animals and one in particular gets a lot of attention...the alligator. Now they are not walking the streets per say, even though in some places within the state they can be spotted sunnin' on the side of the road, but they are in most bodies of water. It is just life here, and we are oh so fascinated with the dinosaur! Last summer I took my 4 kiddos to visit the local alligator park...yep, you heard me, we have parks designed around the monster! And let me tell ya, it was a great time!! We learned soooo much and had such a great time that we plan to visit again in the next couple of weeks! Take a look...

One Wild Summer Day

DSCN6435
The title page is actually a piece of acrylic that I only put the title and a few embellies on. I made sure that the title and the embellishments complemented the photo on the second page.

This is the second page even though it can be viewed through the first. All of the shapes of the pages of my mini are different, which totally added to the fun of my album. I covered the chipboard with the oh so fabulous KI Memories Wildlife and punched holes around the chipboard using my Crop-a-dile...I love that thing! I then threaded the holes with twine and wrapped it around the side of the page.
DSCN6439

Pages 3 and 4
DSCN6441

Page 3 is covered with a coordinating patterned paper and the strip of ribbon down the side is actually the twine from the other side. I just tied tons of ribbon on it to give it a different look. And that adorable little journaling block is more of the KI Memories Wildlife line.

DSCN6443
Page 4 is quite simple...except for those totally cute brads!!! Yep, more KI Memories!

DSCN6444

Pages 5 and 6
DSCN6445


DSCN6447


DSCN6449

Pages 7 and 8
DSCN6450


DSCN6451


DSCN6452

Pages 9 and 10
DSCN6453


DSCN6454

The strip of tickets were actually cut from a piece of KI Memories lace cardstock! I love the way the cardstock looks, but I have trouble using the entire sheet as a whole. I have learned to cut-it-up and works much easier!

DSCN6455

The entire album is put together using the totally fabulous Bind-it-All!! Lynn mentioned in her post that the Bind-it-All is super easy to use and gives your mini-album a great look, and I totally agree! The back cover is also doubling as the last page of the mini-album. I really wanted to comment on "The Grand Finale" page, but to be able to add so many pictures, I could not add a journaling spot. So, I used the back cover for a place to journal and managed to fit it all in!

DSCN6456

So that is it! I concluded mini madness over at Right at Home. I'm kind of sad though...it was super neat to see everyone's different mini-albums. Well the summer holds more fun and inspiration at Right at Home! If you have not seen the other mini's you really should take a look...it's totally worth the click!

Thanks for stopping by! See ya soon.


signature

11 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Ohhh, this is soo cute! I love all the little details (as always!) and the colors are amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this MINI!!! The colors are perfect...and U got some awesome photos from that park! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

You have beautiful kids! They are so cute! Love, love your album and the colors you use.
Happy Thursday!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Frances!! So much fun to learn a little about Louisiana!! What a fun theme park!! Your children are so cute and look like they are having so much fun! Lovely album to remember this day. You are inspiring me to make a mini!!! :)

Lydia said...

Great book Frances I love the gator photo that is too funny and I love the great shapes!!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Ok, thanks a lot, Frances! Now I've got to go buy myself some acrylic. Just what I need . . . another trip to the crafts store. I guess I'll forgive you if my mini turns out as stinkin' cute as this one. Whoda thunk those alligators could be sooooo cute?

Renata Scrap said...

I love the mini album! So colorful and love the details!

LG said...

WOW Frances this is such a gorgeous mini. Love how you embellish them

Sarah said...

This is sooo cute! Love the little chomp chomp on the back-lol!

Kim said...

woooohooooo this is just special, simple but so colourful and fun...love it!!!

Kim said...

OMG!!!!! I am in love with that albulm! And what a fab day to remember!!!!